Updated: 2 days ago
By: Dr Lisa Goodman, DC, CCSP, CACCP
Telemedicine Options if you are not leaving your home but are in discomfort/pain:
Our chiropractors cannot adjust you over Facetime, but we can provide invaluable advice at this time of uncertainty. As portal of entry practitioners, a telemedicine visit with one of our chiropractors may keep you out of urgent care or the ER. If you would like to schedule a Facetime appointment with any of our doctors please text or call the front desk. Telemedicine is also available for acupuncture patients!
We can offer advice on:
1. What is the cause of your pain/Diagnosis. We will take a thorough history and help you understand what is causing your pain and a likely diagnosis. If we need to order any imaging (Xray or MRI) we can do that. Our imaging partners are remaining OPEN. Most of the time diagnosing your pain is a matter of careful listening to your signs and symptoms as well as mechanism of injury. We always prefer to correlate that with a clinical exam, but in times likes these we can accomplish an accurate diagnosis by implementing video and watching you to move or do a few simple orthopedic tests.
2. Treatment Plan. Depending on your diagnosis, we will recommend a course of treatment. If it something we can do at Washington Park Chiropractic, we will recommend that you come to our office. We are OPEN for spinal decompression, chiropractic care and laser therapy at this time. If we believe your chiropractic treatments can wait, we can recommend a variety of home-based treatments to reduce your pain. IF we believe your injury cannot wait and is more serious that chiropractic treatment, we will provide specialist referrals.
3. Modifying workouts or pain-provoking behavior. Many patients will be able to maintain or hold off serious pain by simply modifying current fitness habits. Our doctors will walk through your most common movements and show you how to modify or replace pain-provoking movements.
4. DIY treatment. Unfortunately, we will not teach you to adjust yourself or your family. And we definitely DO NOT want anyone preforming chiropractic care at home (unless you are a licensed chiropractor). However, we can show you a number of ways to use a lacrosse ball, foam roller or other mobility tool to relieve pain temporarily. We will choose specific YouTube videos from our extensive library and email them directly to you. Maybe we'll even come up with some new ones during our calls!
5. Rehab Exercises/Stretches/Strengthening. In addition to mobility videos, we have active rehab exercises that will create strength and reduce pain. This is the time to get back to all of that at home rehab we have been giving you for years! If you need a refresher or a new list, schedule a Telemedicine call with one of our docs.
6. Referrals if necessary. As per above, we have an extensive network of specialist providers we can provide referrals to. In addition, we can order Xray, MRI or CT after a Telehealth visit if needed. We can even write you a referral for a new mattress (see if your HSA covers it)!
Call or text us at 303-744-7100 to schedule a Telehealth visit with one of our chiropractors.
Lisa Goodman, DC, CCSP, CACCP founded Washington Park Chiropractic in 2006 in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Goodman is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) and Certified Prenatal and Pediatric Chiropractor (CACCP). She is a CrossFit L1 and CrossFit Kids Certified Trainer. Dr. Goodman incorporates sports chiropractic techniques with prenatal and pediatric patients, she teaches mobility and taping classes locally, and is a contributor to POPSUGAR, Urban Life Wash Park and DC Aligned. She is a committee member on the boards of the ACA Pediatrics Council and the ACA Sports Council. Areas of special interest include prenatal care, ankle and wrist injuries, instrument assisted soft tissue techniques, strength training, and pediatric fitness. Stay connected with Dr. Goodman on Instagram @washparkchiro or @lisakgoodman