Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) is a relatively new trend in the management of scar tissue formation. Scar tissue formation can occur after surgery, traumatic injury or repetitive use. Our doctors are certified in the Graston Technique is a cutting edge instrument-assisted, method to diagnose and treat painful muscle, ligament and joint injuries.
Am I a candidate for the Graston Technique?
- Many repetitive stress or chronic injuries such as carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, tendonitis, shin splints, shoulder impingement and plantar fasciitis respond to the Graston Technique within just a few treatments.
- The Graston Technique has been shown to speed and direct heeling of acute and traumatic injuries including sprains and strains
As a Certified providers, doctors at Washington Park Chiropractic use Instrument assisted therapy to:
- Provides improved diagnostic treatment
- Detects major and minor fibrotic changes
- Reduces manual stress; provides hand and joint conservation
- Increases patient satisfaction by achieving notably better outcomes
The Graston Technique benefits the patient by:
- Decreasing overall time of treatment
- Fostering faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reducing the need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolving chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Continuing to engage in everyday activities
Can Graston Really Help Everything? – Dr. Lisa Goodman
Plantar Fasciitis: My Chiropractor Can Help with Foot Pain – by Dr. Jace Buzek
Shin Splints – Dr. Lisa Goodman
Graston Technique and TRX – Dr. Jace Buzek
FAKTR – Cutting Edge Soft Tissue Treatment – Dr. Lisa Goodman
The Fix in In – Article featured in Runner’s World Magazine
Before you get surgery, check the evidence: Less invasive treatments work better - Article featured in the Washington Post
Graston Technique Video
For More information on the Graston Technique including anatomical representation of therapeutic benefits please visit www.grastontechnique.com. Please call Washington Park Chiropractic today to schedule a consultation at 303-744-7100